Wanted: Corvus Z80 "Universal" Transporter

Al Hartman alhartman at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 16:01:15 CDT 2009

I used to work for a Corvus Distributor in Brooklyn, NY in the 1980's and never heard of this item.

If you find one, I hope you post details on this list as I'd be interested to learn more about it.

Al

----------

Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> Wrote:

I'm still looking for one of the above.  This was a daughterboard designed
to sandwich between a Z80 and its socket.  It carried the Corvus
proprietary chipset and permitted any CP/M machine to become a client on
their Omninet network.

If anyone even knows who has one, I'd appreciate a lead.  In a pinch,
given good photos I can likely reverse engineer the PCB and build my own
(have a slew of Apple 2 transporters to harvest the chips from).

The device is mentioned in one of the Appendices to DRI's CP/NET technical
docs, FWIW.

Steve