Nostalgic technologies article

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Mon May 18 17:06:21 CDT 2009

And what were those mysterious IDs?  CompuServe was run on DEC PDP-10 systems, and these IDs were standard DEC user IDs!  In the format [group, user], this ID structure was used across many DEC OS products, including TOPS-10/20, RSX-11 and VMS.  It's a shame he didn't mention (or know?) that.... -- Ian