Why is TC08 better than TD8e Re: Is this slashdot or Classiccmp? Re: Microsoft bashing

Rich Alderson RichA at vulcan.com
Fri May 22 19:56:16 CDT 2009

 [snip]

> So what can you do with a TC08 that you can't do with a TD8e? I would
> like to have a TC08 also, but with OS/8 it does not gain me much
> function. Or does it?

The ability to control more than 2 drives, and the TC08 does not involve
the CPU in interpreting data read backwards from the tape (the complement-
inverse feature/problem).

I'm really glad Ian got the power supplies back together.  I was never
gonna get them done right.

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Server Engineer
Vulcan, Inc.