receptacles (was IBM 029 Keypunch has arrived)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue May 26 14:28:42 CDT 2009

> Thanks for the info, "receptacles" got hundred of items, though few
> seem to be on plates UK style and none in boxes like a UK 'metal clad'

IIRC, the convential way that US socket outlets d ofit into a metal back
box (a bit like the flush boxes we use in the UK), and then a serparate
plastic faceplate is screwd on the the front. It's not quite like the UK
mounting.

Anyway, when I mounded up a US socket for a test cable, I did what you're
suggesting and fitted it in a normal plastic project box.

Cable mounting ('free') US sockets certainly exist and may be more useful
to you for this application. I have no idea what they're gernally called,
though.