Anyone interested in an Amstrad PCW?

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Tue May 26 17:26:00 CDT 2009

ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell) writes:

> Later PCs were much closer to being normal clones...

... with the possible exception of the splendidly bizarre Amstrad Mega
PC, which was a 386 PC that included a Sega MegaDrive games console on
an ISA card.

It's also worth noting that Amstrad ended up buying and continuing
Sinclair's family of computers, hence the CPC646-esque Spectrum +2 and
the 6128-esque +3. The Amstrad machines I've encountered seem to be an
odd mix of solid, well-thought-out design and incredibly cheap and nasty
manufacturing, but I've always had a soft spot for the PCWs...

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>