when soldering irons go bad

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 09:35:10 CDT 2009

> From: lists at databasics.us
>
> Fred Cisin wrote:
>> Why is it, that people with broken Wellers throw them out, instead of
>> soldering the repairs needed?
>
> To provide cheap people like me with quality equipment.... and thank
> God for that!
>

> Warren

Hi
 I recall my first weller. It seems that the base was
the most expensive part. The tips and handles could
be had for less than $20 or so. I bought a 24V transformer
at radio shack, connected a line cord and was in business.
 I recall the cheap RS transformer ran cooler than later
real bases I got. Go figure.
Dwight