receptacles (was IBM 029 Keypunch has arrived)

William Donzelli wdonzelli at
Sat May 30 08:37:46 CDT 2009

> Aha.  These look like they're what I've only heard referred to as "pin
> and sleeve" connectors; stuff like the Hubbell HBL460P9W that IBM likes
> to put on equipment.  I hadn't heard of their IEC standard # before.

I am always on the lookout for these, for obvious reasons. Well, the
receptacles, anyway.

> If they're the same connector as I'm familiar with, they're also
> water-tight connectors.

I actually have a few new marine grade (watertight) 480 VAC
receptacle/plug/box sets I need to sell or trade. Yes, I could use
them, put the hardware is just different enough that the set must use
the watertight boxes, and not regular boxes. I could use watertight
boxes anyway, but I do not want to have a pierside IBM installation.


More information about the cctalk mailing list