Panasonic JA751 8" drive question

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 19:54:37 CST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Chuck Guzis wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2009 at 18:03, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, no.  The solenoids need +24V.
>
> Solenoids, plural?  For head-load and a door-lock?

Correct.

> Very strange indeed.  Might this drive have been offered in a 5.25"
> compatible configuration, without either solenoid?  I wonder if
> Matsushita made this particular drive variant solely for GE Medical?

It's possible, I guess.  Finally located the manual on Herb Johnson's
website and have ordered a copy.  That may bring more information to
light.

For sure it's not a common model, but is very "modern" in its
construction.  I'm guessing it could have been one of the latest (if not
THE latest) 8" drive design marketed.

Steve