apple documentary and huge apple collection

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 22:04:41 CST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Lanning" <brianlanning at gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: apple documentary and huge apple collection

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Alexandre Souza
> <pu1bzz.listas at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It remembers me how HARD is to find a IIGS here in Brazil. Even a
>> motherboard would help.
>>
>> BTW, anyone with a spare Ramworks II or Ramworks III? :o)
>>

> Or how about a 2e/2gs scsi controller?

> I just picked up a spare 2gs from ebay for the princely sum of $8.  lol
> Some of them go for quite a bit though if they include all the
> accessories.
>
> brian

Depends what you do on the IIgs. If you just want to play games or a few old
apps you can get by with a simple system, monitor, keyboard, dual 3.5" and
dual 5.25".

I have a Transwarp IIgs, 8mb RAM card, rev C SCSI card, and I mostly just
boot from floppy and play games. All the extras are nice if you use GS/OS
and want to transfer images and files around (and read HFS partitions or
network with a Mac), but if you have an old Mac you can make usable disks
there.

You can still find systems on freecycle if you post a wanted, they will most
likely be basic setups (teachers seem to snag them for their kids and then
get rid of them when the kids get older).