Non-fake Apple 1 on ebay

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 20 01:45:35 CST 2009

On 20 Nov 2009 at 1:21, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> In every picture I've seen, the Apple I's board has been
> wave-soldered.

I recall that there was some chatter about being able to buy the bare
PCB, but it never happened as far as I knew.  I only saw the
completed boards.  With only 4K of memory, I wasn't interested--I
already had my MITS box with 8K and several of my friends had IMSAIs.
Discussion at the time in my circle usually centered around how much
better constructed the IMSAI box was than the MITS.  I couldn't
argue.  Within about a year, I had an IMSAI, then migrated to an
Integrand box.  But I still have the lowly and dusty Altair sitting
on a shelf...

The 6502 to me always seemed to be a little "brain dead" compared to
the 8080.  But that was a subject then of much debate.

I'm still trying to remember who, about that time, brought out a 6502
S100 board.  Was it Solid State Music?

--Chuck