Looking for some floppy disc analysis tools

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Mon Nov 23 09:28:15 CST 2009

Hi guys,
   Before I start writing a data decoder of my own (for the disc
analyser), I'd rather like to at least make sure the hardware is
spitting out sane data. Does anyone know of a tool along the lines of
cw2dmk that can accept timing-data input from a file instead of using
(e.g.) a Catweasel?

   I was going to do the hardware tests with cw2dmk, but I don't fancy
my chances at figuring out how the ~2500 lines of code fits together,
and how to patch in read-from-file support...

   (Apologies if cw2dmk actually /can/ do this; the manpage explains how
to change the output file name, Catweasel port and such, but not how to
make cw2dmk read transition timing data from a file)

Thanks,
--
Phil.
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk