Ten Year Rule

Bob Bradlee caveguy at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 24 10:35:45 CST 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:31:06 -0700, Richard wrote:

>At some point, DOS, Windows 3.1 and even Windows NT are vintage and
>are appropriate for conversation here, no matter what the snobs say.
>--
>"The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" -- DirectX 9 draft available for download
> <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/the-direct3d-graphics-pipeline/>

>      Legalize Adulthood! <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>

I have an NT Server 3.5 (1994) 15 year old running on Dual 66mhz Pentinum processors with 32meg
Ram.Not to mention the early NT 3.1 Beta (~1991) that ran on it with P1-60's with 16meg ram before I
upgraded to the 66's still in the basement.

It is way over 10 years old now, below any reasonable memory side, P1's were surely a break through at
the time, This system ran the origional European Microsoft Windows nt Academic Centre (EMWAC)
Internet Mail Services for Windows NT (IMS) and the EMWAC HTTP Server, upgraded to Bob Denny's
Website Windows Nt in 1995 when Tim O'reilly published it as a book with disk, all of which have been
dead products for over 10 years.

When, or more correctly, Will it ever be on topic here, based on the current floating guidelines ?

The other Bob