VT78/MR78/OS78 (was Re: Vintage Computer Forum)

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Fri Nov 27 12:53:25 CST 2009

> Never played with COS.  I have one COS DECtape for the -8/e + TD8E.  I
> think I booted it 25 years ago and didn't know how to make it do
> anything and put it back on the shelf.

Manuals are here. Probably still not that exciting.
http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/query_docs/query.pl?Search=cos

>> The closest source I know of is OS78 V4 which was for the DECmate I
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-8/os8/
>
>I could use that for my DECmate I anyway.

I made a disk using that source and some others. They are in RX02 mode.
http://www.pdp8online.com/images/images/os8/DECmate_I.shtml

I haven't seen any original DECmate I disk images around.