FS: PDP 8/e (Seattle, WA)

Josh Dersch derschjo at mail.msu.edu
Thu Oct 1 22:09:34 CDT 2009

So a couple of weekends ago I was down sick with the flu and one late
evening when I couldn't sleep I purchased a PDP-8/e off eBay, having
convinced myself it was a really good deal while only half-awake.

Here's the thing -- I already have an 8/e; I have no idea what I'm going
to do with /two /of them.

Here's what I have -- a bare-minimum 8/e with 4k of core, the basic CPU
set and a single Omnibus backplane.  No top cover.  Front panel bulbs
all seem good.

It works fine (as far as I can tell -- programs I toggle in run, etc),
is very clean, and is in decent shape.  (A few scratches on the front
panel, but honestly it doesn't look that bad.)  An interesting detail --
the front panel says "digital equipment international ltd galway,
ireland" instead of the usual "maynard, massachusetts" herald.  I'm
assuming that means it's worth a million dollars.  Think of the deal
you'll be getting!

I'm asking only what I paid for it, which is $650.  (Or alternately,
trading for something "cool."  Always looking for an Altair or a Xerox
D-machine... :))

I'd prefer local pickup (and I'll drive a ways to meet you) but if you
want to arrange something with Craters & Freighters or something similar
I can do that too.  I don't trust myself to pack and ship this thing
myself without breaking it (and that would be a shame.)

I can take pictures if desired.

Thanks,
Josh