HP-CHM agreement

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 13 14:28:33 CDT 2009

Glen,

Do you have a disc with RTE on it ?
Or do you have 'nothing' ?
I've a HP 1000 600A+ with RTE-A VC+ on it .
The manuals you can download from the Hpmuseum website www.hpmuseum.net
You need minimal one HP-IB disc to get it running.
To install RTE-A you need a tape unit like a 9144A or 9145A or a floppy
drive like a HP9121/22.
It is possible to create binary images from the tapes or disc's using a
DOS-PC with HP-IB card installed and a program called LIFDIAG.EXE
Some time ago I wrote a paper how to crack the passwords of a RTE-A
installation.
At the moment I'm busy with the house, but within a few weeks I should be
able to dig up my RTE-A tapes.

The boot string for a HP-IB drive is : %BDC27BSYSXX  XX=is the number of the
system file.
You could try just : %BDC27 but then it uses the first available boot file.

-Rik