Largest ST-506 (MFM or RLL) type HDD?

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 14 18:01:11 CDT 2009

;)

I'll have to show my BA123 uVAXII with 2 RZ56, RD54(maxtor 150mb),
and the RD52 (Quantum D540 31mb) it has both RQDX3 and CMT SCSI
for a whopping 1.4GB of storage on 4 full height drives.

Thats about 180 Watts of drives alone.
The drive bay is only 4 drives
slot nominally used for RX50/TK50 has a RZ56 in it.

I also have a few BA42 storage boxes, those hold two RZ56 or any
full height 5.25" drives and weigh a bit.

Since I have an abundance of RZ56s  and RD52s I use them as backup
(image of the drive) rather than slower TK50.

My 11/73 has 4 RD52s, RX33, RX02 and RL01 in one rack.

I'm used to big drives like RA8x and RA9x so these are somewhat small.

Allison