Good references for ANSI terminal emulation?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Oct 23 23:55:00 CDT 2009

On 23 Oct 2009 at 23:10, Michael B. Brutman wrote:

> I'm struggling trying to create an accurate telnet client with ANSI
> emulation.  The basic codes are easy enough and well documented, but
> there are a lot of obscure codes to do things like 'set terminal mode'
> to 'vertical editing mode' which I can't find good descriptions for.

Do you mean that you want a standard?  ECMA-48's a good one:

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-
048.pdf

Welcome to the wonderful world of headaches.    My memory of the
stuff (NAPLPS and Videotex) was that it was harder to interpret the
standards than it was to write the code.

Good Luck,
-Chuck