Rescued documentation issues

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:54:18 CDT 2009

HOW is this a mistake?

The whole point is to make it "easy to preserve" and "freely share".
Everything that goes against that just suppresses knowledge and information.

The best way to preserve something is to:
1. make it as easy to get a hold of as possible
2. make it available in an easy to replicate format
3. ensure as many people as possible can get a copy if they need/want one

In the end, having it in a universally available format (PDF for example)
and available on the web would be best.

Can someone explain why "hording" documentation and keeping it private on
a "degradable" media like paper is a better idea?

Dan.