TU56 lamp replacement

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Wed Oct 28 12:15:26 CDT 2009

> I just replaced one of them again last week so I had taken a picture of
> the indicator disassembled.
> It is now up at
> http://www.pdp8online.com/tu56/pics/p1000839.shtml?small
Wow! That looks like out of the factory - or did you put it into a
dishwasher?
Btw I don't recommend putting TU56s into the dishwasher - at least the
motors. I got one unit that had have a time underwater. It looks very
good, but the water stayed in the motors and they were rusted. Stuck.
Had to disassemble and clean them a bit - the unit works fine again
(after some usual repairs). But it's also the drive with all lamps blown..

Regards,

Philipp