Rescued documentation issues

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Wed Oct 28 16:04:59 CDT 2009

Philipp Hachtmann wrote:

> The drawback Al pointed out - digital media lifetime - can be considered
> as a problem. Digital data storage needs a constant effort to keep the

And you would need to constantly "migrate" the digital data onto the
actual formats. Otherwise you would be at some point not be able to
access the old storage devices any longer because the hardware is just
dead. I know this is the wrong list to tell this but accessing data on 8"
floppies might get harder for example during the next 10 years ;)
Or take SA1100 disks.... data stored on them would be kinda hard to
restore today...

But I think you get the point....

--
 Oliver Lehmann