Arpanet article on CNN

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 29 16:38:53 CDT 2009

Chuck Guzis wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2009 at 11:14, Al Kossow wrote:
>
> > http://www.pcworld.com/article/174667/happy_40th_birthday_internet.htm
>
> A similar article on the Beeb:

Kleinrock was also interviewed on CBC Radio yesterday, telling the story of the
Stanford and UCLA machines being connected and the crash after l-o-g was typed in.

He was being touted as the "Father of the Internet" by the interviewer. I have
no wish to detract from Kleinrock's contributions and I haven't looked in depth
into who did exactly what, but putting these monikers on a solitary person is
usually putting one's foot in it.

I just wish these reports would acknowledge that computer networking began over
a decade before this (SAGE,SABRE,etc).