Options for Installing a TF85 Drive

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 23:40:28 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Ian King <IanK at vulcan.com> wrote:
> Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't pay all that much for my VAX 4000/300, which is DSSI-based.  -- Ian

Well there's that option too.  I think I only paid $25 for a complete
VAX 4000-500 with a DSSI capable KA680 CPU, but then I did have to pay
for delivery since it wasn't local and that wasn't cheap, but worth it
for the CQD-223 SCSI card the system also contained.

But anyway, seems like somewhat overkill if the real goal is simply to
read a single tape.  Maybe someone local to the OP has a tape drive
that might do the trick.

-Glen