Panasonic JA751 8" drive question

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 08:49:24 CDT 2009

I just purchased one of these on ebay, but am unable to find even a shred
of documentation on the web.

It's equipped with a "PC" style 4-pin Molex connector for power, unlike
the more usual 6-pin square connector used by all my other 8" drives.
What I'd like to confirm is whether this unit can actually run on 12VDC.
It does not seem to work correctly with 12V applied, which could suggest
either that it requires 24V or is defective.

Before I let the magic smoke out of it, does anyone know the proper
voltages for this drive?

Steve