Why I never saw my own posts!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:00:34 CDT 2009

Thanks to help from the list admin, I have figured out why I stopped
seeing my own posts to the list!

Seems that gmail, in the their infinite wisdom, decided that it would be
best for me if my own messages were shunted directly to 'archive' and
never appear in the incoming folder.  There is no control or option that I
can find to turn this "feature" off.  Subsequently, I've had to change my
list subscription to use my ISP's mail service and all is well again.

Talk about obnoxious!  I'm starting to wonder if gmail isn't more trouble
than it's worth.  On the good side:  It's free and their spam filtering is
very effective.  On the bad side:  They silently drop most binary
attachments, both coming and going, with no consistent policy involved
that I've been able to determine.  And now, this.

Steve