eBay disaster

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Mon Apr 5 17:26:41 CDT 2010

> I am assuming that you were hoping for a higher selling price...
Yes, of course!

> First of all, you should have set a reserve price on the auction or a minimum bid of what you
> wanted to "at least" get from the auction.
Puh.. A minimum is possible. But a reserve? I feel uncomfortable when I see this "reserve not met"
thing in other auctions. So I don't really like that idea.

> The buyer (whatever his rating) may have just signed
> up.
Yes. That's the reason why I refused to limit the group of people who are allowed to bid. If this
should turn out to be a scam, I'll think different when it comes to further offers.

> I think I would have included the native language write up rather than just in English.
Oh, why? Because of my bad English? The chance to sell this kind of stuff to someone in Germany is
quite a bit lower than selling it to elsewhere (i.e. US) in the world. So I decided to write in
English only.

> Second, sometimes just a picture of a box is just what a buyer gets. I would have taken pictures
> of the box insides or even included a stock photo of what the disk pack is that is in the box.
If you looked at the pictures I have put onto the auction you should have seen that I actually have
photographed a pack lying on the box. Another one, of course. I did not want to open the box -
opening the box would have spoiled the whole thing.

--
http://www.hachti.de