Looking for an Apple /// keytop

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 21:45:17 CDT 2010

--- On Sat, 4/24/10, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> I have a donor ///, or ///+ I'm not sure which, but it's
> buried in the garage.  I can put the two of you on the
> list of stuff to keep an eye out for once I start cleaning
> things out if you want.
>
> I'm not sure the condition of the system itself, but I know
> the magic smoke has been let out of something.  I
> salvaged it a few years ago to be a parts donor.

I wouldn't suggest scrapping an entire machine just because Dave and I need a few keytops. The Apple /// is well known for it's ability to lose it's magic smoke. It's a fault of the power supply and is easily repaired. Mine had the same problem. I had the power supply working in very little time.

Also, the ///+ uses a different keyboard...

But, if the thing has real bad cosmetic damage, or something else horribly wrong with it, I'd be interested in the disk drive.

-Ian