Iomega Bernoulli Box 20+20 (A220H)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Aug 7 17:26:46 CDT 2010

On 7 Aug 2010 at 16:30, Michael B. Brutman wrote:

> Some quick Googling did not find a method around this.  I'm going to
> have to go back to something much older, like a 2.2 or 2.4 kernel and
> hope things are better.  Or go to DOS with the Iomega software, but I
> don't have that yet.

256-byte sectors and Linux don't seem to like each other.  I think
that Linux likes to buffer 512-byte sectors and gets confused when
presented with something else.

However, I think that sg_dd might at least read and write in raw
form, to and from your drives:

http://linux.die.net/man/8/sg_dd

The alternative might be to hack an existing driver to transfer two
sectors when one is requested.

--Chuck