EPROM programming (27c160's)

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 06:52:03 CDT 2010

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Mr Ian Primus wrote:

> Failing that, does anyone have a suggestion of an EPROM programmer that
> I can buy that will program 27c160's. Preferably something that can be
> operated from DOS over a parallel or serial port, or better yet, an ISA
> card.

I purchased an Andromeda Research AR-32A programming system.  Best money I
ever spent!  The base unit covers an enormous number of EPROMs and they
have adapters for just about anything else imaginable.  Best yet:  They
will sell you the bare boards for any of the adapters, provide a schematic
and let you have at it.

Their tech support is superlative.  Very knowledgable folks.

And, yes, the software runs as a DOS application :-).

Steve