NEC parallel to scsi host adapter

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 13 11:38:53 CDT 2010

On 13 Aug 2010 at 10:39, Nico de Jong wrote:

> "Shark"
> for DOS and OS/2
> Printer Pass-through
> Includes Corel SCSI
> This one draws power from the keyboard (PS/2 type connector)
> converts printer port to 50 pin SCSI (Centronics type)

If I had to guess, I'd venture that NEC used the Trantor T348 or T358
adapter, which Adaptec dutifully renamed the MA348 and MA358.

My reasoning is that NEC was distributing their external CD-ROM
drives with Trantor ISA cards (T160?) and probably stayed with the
same vendor.

The drive mechanisms were the same used in their early audio players--
they had the "push a button and the top swings open" setup.

--Chuck