Static RAM chip source (& S-100 related questions...)

Josh Dersch derschjo at mail.msu.edu
Sat Aug 14 20:43:39 CDT 2010

Hi all --

I finally have procured enough hardware to get my IMSAI 8080 running
again, albeit in a very barebones state.  I currently have only 16K of
working (and compatible) memory and am trying to get an additional 32K
static RAM board working again (It's an IMS board, see:
http://www.s100computers.com/Hardware%20Folder/IMS/32K%20Static%20RAM/32K%20Static%20RAM.htm)

Mine is missing a number of memory chips; these are 5257 4Kx1 (I believe
from my research the TMS4044 is equivalent).  Can anyone suggest a
reputable place to pick up half a dozen or so of these for a reasonable
price?  There are a few on ebay for $6 each, which seems a little steep
(but perhaps my expectations are out of order...)

I'm also looking for a manual for a PSS RAM65.  I believe this is a 16K
DRAM board.  It's the only S-100 board in my collection that I haven't
managed to find a manual or schematic for...

Once I get the memory situation resolved I hope to get a floppy disk
system working.  I currently have a Tarbell 1011D in unknown condition
-- is this a decent card to work with (and can it be made to work with
5.25" drives?), or would I be better off finding something else?

Thanks as always,
Josh