Troubleshooting a 5V Apple III

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sun Aug 22 13:19:41 CDT 2010

In article <4C7160FF.4060009 at gmail.com>,
    Mike Maginnis <mmaginnis at gmail.com>  writes:

> Can anyone suggest a starting point for tracking this down?

I'm not familiar with the Apple III schematics.  Does the motherboard
include video?

If so, then it sounds like everything's good but you have a bad video
section.  I'd start looking at capacitors and if you have a high
bandwidth scope it might be instructive to look at the video out to
see if you're getting any sort of video timing at all (sync signals,
etc.).