Terminals...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Aug 23 14:30:39 CDT 2010

On 23 Aug 2010 at 14:26, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   ...thus illustrating the uneducated public's widespread notion that,
> since technology tends to shrink with development, and laptops are
> smaller than most other types of computers, that laptops are the "new"
> computers, and anything other than a laptop is obsolete.

In general, the public is still working on the "newer is better"
theory.  Why anyone would want to sit at home and type on a laptop
keyboard is beyond me.

But I've seen people ditch their desktop 2GHz P4 system for a new
desktop Core Duo box in the hope that it will make their dialup
connection faster.

--Chuck