OT : The new Big Trak

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 15:14:33 CDT 2010

> On 26 August 2010 22:19, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tony,
> > Do you want it?
> >
> > If Tony doesn't, who else would like it?
>
> Perhaps cheeky of me, but I have one without the battery cover so I'd
> love a scan of an original so's to make a new one...

Note that the old and new battery covers are totally different. I beleive
the old one had metal contacts, the new one doesn't (the 3 D cells used
by the new Big Trak are fitted horizontally).

Is it hte layout of the contacts that is the problem? I am pretty srue
the original Big Track had a +/-3V supply for the motors coming from the
4D cells. In other words there were 2 contacts on the cover linking the
cells in aprts. It should eb easy to see how they are wired inside the
Big Trak (a google search will find a page telling you how to take it
apart), anf thus deduce the layout of the contacts.