what was VMS/OpenVMS written in?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 12:50:01 CST 2010

> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >What is this?
>
> Let me google that for you.  Maybe you'll debug something for me someday.

Thank you...

I make the same offer as I've always made. If I receive any personal
e-mail about classic computers, I will respond. The repoly may be 'sorry,
I have never come across that machine' or '$ccperson is the expert on
that machine'. But if you ask about something I have some knowledge off,
I _will_ try to help. Period.

> "Baby Duck Syndrome denotes the tendency for computer users to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Imprinting_(psychology)>"imprint" on
> the first system they learn, then judge other systems by their similarity
> to that first system. The result is that "users generally prefer systems
> similar to those they learned on and dislike unfamiliar systems."[1] The
> term may have been inspired by popular understanding of the work,
> experiences, and observations of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//wiki/Konrad_Lorenz>Konrad Lorenz."

Oh right... I don't think I suffer from that. The first disk OS I used
was not suprisingly CP/M. And yet I find unix much nicer than, say, RT11
of VMS. The first assembly language I learnt was Z80 (and SC/MP at about
the same time), but I find 6809 and PDP11 assembly to be a lot more pleasant.