OT: 42 (Was: Obscure C code (was Re: Excessive optimization)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Dec 3 17:15:39 CST 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Ian King wrote:
> Are you talking about the 2005 production?  That was done by Touchstone,
> not Disney.  My daughter loves that movie.  Of course, she's ten....

I just couldn't get past the tendency to make Marvin "cute".

> The original stories are wonderful and belong in any true geek's collection.
> "Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it." -- Ian

"It's times like this that I wish that I would have listened to what my
mother said."
"Why?  What did she say?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

"I've always thought that there was something fundamentally wrong with the
universe".

". . . so amazingly primitive that they still think that digital watches
are a good idea."

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com