Drive Type International Memories, Inc. (IMI) 5012H

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Dec 6 16:31:52 CST 2010

If the geometry is really a mystery (I don't think it is), I do have
a program I wrote some years back to determine the geometry of any
drive, IDE, ESDI or MFM/RLL.  The former two by issuing an IDENTIFY
command; the latter by a binary-search type of approach.  As long as
the MFM drive is formatted and readable, I can determine the actual
geometry--it uses direct I/O port access (either PC/XT or AT-style
controllers) and does not rely on the BIOS.

(With a nod in Tony's direction)  This obviously is for PCs and
compatibles, sorry.

--Chuck