Service bureaus (Was: Tek 4051 firmware listing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 14 19:21:15 CST 2010

On 14 Dec 2010 at 19:47, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> On Monday, December 13, 2010, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > I've always wondered what the Scandanavians do to differentiate 0
> > from O from Ø.
>
> On here, those look like 3 very distinct characters. :)  I'd also add
> in Ø/ø the vs the null set.  Using Ø as a variable would just get
> confusing. :)

Again, my question pertained to writing such stuff as keypunch forms.
 If a stroked-oh is a genuine letter in Scandanvian alphabets, what
do the writers of such forms do to distinguish plain oh from zero?

The answer seems to be that the oh or zero gets a horizontal stroke
through it.  Good enough.

--Chuck