C64-C128 CP-M Cartridge Interest

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Dec 25 12:18:10 CST 2010

On 25 Dec 2010 at 9:27, allison wrote:

> 8080, 8085, NsC800, Z80, or Z180 cpu.  The prefered CPU is z80 as it's
> easy to interface and there are some CP/M apps that require it.

If you're starting off from scratch and want the smallest parts-count
system, why not an eZ80 Acclaim?  256KB of flash, 24-bit external
memory interface, built-in 100BaseT ethernet MAC, 2 UARTS, IrDA, lots
of GPIO pins, SPI, I2C and a PLL clock generator good to 50MHz as
well as ICE support and separately-powered RTC.  Still Z80-compatible
(or the enhanced instruction set if you want it).

I suspect that you could dump most of what you need in the way of
CP/M programs into the on-chip flash.  Add an external SRAM and
external interface "glue" and you're done, but for the programming.

--Chuck