Uncommon: Intel Paragon on iOffer

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Dec 28 10:59:24 CST 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:02:06 -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> > Well. The Extreme GFX for the 1st generation (teal R4k based) Indigo2
> > puts 8 i860 geometry engines in a desktop machine...
>
>    Those aren't i860s, they're custom chips.  Big ones.
>
>    Did they implement the i860 architecture?
As far as I have googled they are just i860 dice, four in a big
multichip package. AFAIK the Extreme GFX is just the same as the Elan
GFX of the Indigo, but with more geometry engines.

>    The Extreme video subsystem is really nice.
Well. Impact is nicer and VPro even nicer...
(I shoud get a Fuel some day...)
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}