Epson drives

Jim Scheef scheefj at netscape.net
Tue Dec 28 20:26:10 CST 2010

HP did everything it could to shoot itself in the foot. After promising
compatibility among the 100-Series machines, the floppy format produced
by the 9114 driven by the HP110 Portable or the Portable Plus was
different from the format produced by the HP150. There were clever
format programs and device driver tricks to get around some of these
incompatibilities as well as to allow the PPlus to make and use 3.5"
floppies that could also be read and written by regular DOS machines.
Sometimes I find it amazing that HP has survived!

Jim