Source for OKI clock chip?

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Thu Dec 30 06:48:56 CST 2010

On 30/12/10 04:01, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> I'm trying to find a source for an OKI MSM6242 RTC chip (18-pin DIP
> package). As usual, all my Google searches turn up dozens and dozens of
> sleazy-looking "we can get you anything, submit an RFQ.." sites.
>
> This is the chip used in Amiga 2000s. I'm not sure if there are any
> workable cross-references.

I've a sneaking suspicion the same chip is used on the old HTEC Kitty
Card 8051 board (as sold by Greenweld many moons ago, back when they
weren't an Innovations Catalogue knockoff). Catch is, I can't find the
circuit diagram to confirm this -- it's either on the LAN share, or one
of the hot-swap SATA drives. So that's four different places to look...

If it turns out they do use the same chip, I've got four of them stashed
in a box under my workbench -- I might be persuaded to part with a board
or RTC chip, but as I recall they aren't socketed, so removing one
intact might be a bit tricky.

--
Phil.
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk