HP Portable+ disks

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Dec 30 14:06:19 CST 2010

On 30 Dec 2010 at 19:50, Tony Duell wrote:

> I wonder if Chuck (I think) got a disk formatted wit hthe /z option
> from a Portable+ and sassumed it was the defualt?

Perhaps--I do rely on samples sent by customers.  If the customer
gets the product and it works just fine for them, I consider the case
closed.

The fact that someone identified the sample with any accuracy at all
was remarkable.  I've had samples given as being from a Hazeltine
computer (the customer not realizing that the terminal was made by
Hazeltine, not the computer itself) or, lately and more common--
"here's a box of floppies; I don't remember what they came from."
That can be a real adventure, seeing word-processor disks mixed in
with old 400K Mac disks mixed in with various flavors of MS-DOS and
CP/M disks.

--Chuck