Free computers in the rubbish/trash (was: Re: cctech Digest, Vol 78, Issue 3)

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Sun Feb 7 18:43:27 CST 2010

One must be sure to carry some bricks on the inbound trip, in such cases,
to implement the "Indiana Jones" method.

At 11:04 PM 2/7/2010 +0000, you wrote:
>Roger Pugh wrote:
>>Well dont tell West Sussex county council where i get lots of tech junk...
>>i.e. Crawley recycling depot, its just sitting there in metal cages and
>>noone seems bothered it you take a bit.
>
>Some local councils have gone really anal recently. Last time I was down
>at the recycling/household waste depot, they had a weighbridge on the "in"
>road, and one on the "out" road. Your car is weighed going in and coming
>out. If the car weighs more coming out, you get to explain to the
>knuckle-dragging rent-a-droid why that happens to be the case.
>
>Good fun, especially when the "out" weighbridge is out of calibration
>relative to the "in" weighbridge.... "But we had it calibrated four years ago!"
>
>--
>Phil.
>classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
>http://www.philpem.me.uk/

-----
1033. E clunibus tractum ("I pulled this out of my butt...")
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixcom.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531