Free computers in the rubbish/trash (was: Re: cctech Digest, Vol 78, Issue 3)

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Sun Feb 7 19:27:13 CST 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Philip Pemberton wrote:

> Roger Pugh wrote:
>> Well dont tell West Sussex county council where i get lots of tech junk...
>> i.e. Crawley recycling depot, its just sitting there in metal cages and
>> noone seems bothered it you take a bit.
>
> Some local councils have gone really anal recently. Last time I was down at
> the recycling/household waste depot, they had a weighbridge on the "in" road,
> and one on the "out" road. Your car is weighed going in and coming out. If
> the car weighs more coming out, you get to explain to the knuckle-dragging
> rent-a-droid why that happens to be the case.
>
> Good fun, especially when the "out" weighbridge is out of calibration
> relative to the "in" weighbridge.... "But we had it calibrated four years
> ago!"

"Bethselamin is now so worried about the cumulative erosion by ten billion
visiting tourists a year that any net imbalance between the amount you eat
and the amount you excrete whilst on the planet is surgically removed from
your bodyweight when you leave: so every time you go to the lavatory it is
vitally important to get a receipt."
   -- Douglas Adams

--
David Griffith