HP-IB, Amigo/cs80 was Re: hp 9153 floppy & disk

e.stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Tue Feb 16 21:20:56 CST 2010

Tony Duell wrote:
> Blimey!. How many equivalent gates is this FPGA, then? I am amazed it has
> space for a CPU, 16K of 'ROM', a few K of buffer RAM, etc.

Trust me, it has. I simply took the biggest one which is supported by
the free tools.

>> simply because I think they are more flexible.
>
> They are. But that doesn;t make them the right solution to every
> problem.I still feel a microcontroller is more sensible for this application.

If it runs then on the bog FPGA, it can be downsized and make cheaper,
if there are really people looking for it. But as long as just few
people are interested in it ...

Anyway, my goal is the replace 2 floppies and one harddrive at the same
time. So, that is a lot of bit banging in software on a uC.

But let's see ;-)