VAX graphics

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 12:27:18 CST 2010

> I've never seen, nor heard of anything but white phosphor VT100s.

Many years ago I saw a VT100 with what was cal;ed a 'retrographics board'
fitted. This was a third-party add-on that connected to various
connectors on the normal VT100 logic board and which gave (for the time)
high resolution graphics. (No, I don't mean a VT105 board, this thing
allowed to you to set or clear each pixel).

Anyway, I seem to rememeb this unit had a green phosphor CRT in it. It
was almost caetainly not DEC-original, it was probably changed when the
retrographics boar dwas fitted.

As I've said before, these monochrome CRTs are pretty generic. And I
rember seeing adverts in Byte for replacement green or amber phospor CRTs
for various machines. It's very possible that some VT100s were modified.