joysticks for dos games

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 24 23:42:11 CST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Lanning" <brianlanning at gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:25 AM
Subject: joysticks for dos games

>I need to do a bit more research on this.  But can someone suggest a good
> joystick for older PCs with db15 connectors?  Most of them seem to be
> cheesy
> flight sticks.  I've seen playstation style controllers with usb
> connectors
> on them.  Something like this would be ideal if it had a db15 connector.
> Any suggestions?
>
> brian

I still use my old Gravis Gamepad (flat with thumbstick and 4 buttons) or
Gamepad Pro (Playstation look and feel). And if I play simulation games I
have a Quickshop master pilot (not a joystick but a panel with buttons for
each function since I forget what the key combos are).

http://www.smartcomputing.com/images/smartcomputing/fullsize/393n0913.jpg

http://thecoldfront.com/car/gamepadpro.jpg

http://www.jolly-rogers.com/images/sim-masterpilot.jpg