Classilla 9.1 released

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Feb 26 21:40:29 CST 2010

Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> It's still technically off-topic (2002 is only 8 years ago), but for Mac
> OS 8.6 and 9 users, I released Classilla 9.1 tonight, the most current
> version of the Mozilla-based web browser I maintain for the classic Mac
> OS. It's still a work in progress, but I eat my own dogfood, and this
> tastes good enough to put in the can. (And belabour the metaphor.)
>
>         http://www.classilla.org/

I've been using it on occasion since you first mentioned it a few months ago.
It is much better in rendering capability than the other old browsers I have
here. I would like to use it more, but it seems to take quite a chunk of
memory, right from startup and maxes out my limited old machine. Is 9.1 any
better with regards to memory usage?