desoldering problems and technique (and amiga 2000 mod)

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Mon Jan 4 14:35:23 CST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "geoffrey oltmans" <oltmansg at bellsouth.net>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: desoldering problems and technique (and amiga 2000 mod)

> While I wouldn't argue 90%, I'd wager that a significantly large
> percentage of 2000s were sold as Toaster machines. They were
> astronomically expensive for what you got when they were available.

The 2000 was a workhorse Amiga, I would expect them to sell hundreds of
thousands of them (anyone have production numbers?). Were there more then
30K Toaster boards sold?

Quite a few A2000 Toasters on ebay are just generic 2000's that somebody
stuck a Toaster card into because it makes the whole setup worth more. Those
systems are missing the stickers you stuck to the expansion slot to label
all the ports.