Looking for Altair 680 monitor ROM image (or other simple 6800 software)

Josh Dersch derschjo at mail.msu.edu
Tue Jan 5 00:46:31 CST 2010

Decided to dust off an old software project -- at one point I was
working on a Tektronix 4051 emulator, a machine based on the Motorola
6800 CPU.

I've coded up a simple 6800 emulation & disassembler but I'm lacking
some simple 6800 code to test out its accuracy on "real" code.  I'd like
to put it through its paces on a simple piece of hardware before
tackling the (mostly) undocumented quirks of the 4051.  (It's much
easier to debug a hardware emulation when you're confident the CPU
emulation isn't the culprit...)

I thought the Altair 680 would be a good starting point but I can't for
the life of me find any dumps of the monitor/VTL ROMs on the 'net.
Anyone have any leads for these or other 680 software?

Thanks,
Josh